Faculty Members Ongoing Researches
International Law, Law and Technology, Criminal Law
Women Entrepreneurship and Empowerment; Violence Against Women;
Gender and Development; Technology and Women Development; Society,
Culture and Development; Social Change and Urbanization
Gender, Migration, Women empowerment & rights, Women & femininity, Men & masculinity;
Poverty, Population, Indigenous peoples, Health & Environment, Culture & Mass Communication, Social change;
Human rights with special focus on Gender Based Violence & Violence against Women, Sexual Harassment.
1) Public International Law.
2) International Human Rights Law.
3) International Intellectual Property Law.
4) World Trade Law.
5) International Contract Law.
6) Comparative Law.
7) Law of War.
8) International Banking Law.
9) Thesis Supervision
- Climate Change and Environmental Migration
- Climate Change Governance
- Public Participation
- Urban Resilience, Urban Adaptation of Climate Migrants
- Politics of Natural Hazards
Research Interests: -
i) Public International Law (i.e., Int'l Human Rights Law, Int'l Criminal Law, Int'l Humanitarian Law, and Int'l Environmental Law), ii) Mass Atrocity and Genocide Studies, iii) Critical Criminology, and iv) Constitutional Law.
Participation in Research/Training Courses/Programs:-
1. Summer School on International Criminal Court - 2021, organized by the Irish Centre for Human Rights, Galway, Ireland (8-11 June).
2. Economic Social and Development Residential School - 2021 - Diploma Course, organized by Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal (24-31 May).
3. Training of Human Rights Trainers - 2020 (Case Study Rohingya Youth), organized by Asia Justice and Rights, Indonesia (1 Oct-1 Dec).
4. 100 Bangladeshi Youth Delegates Visit to India - 2018, co-organized by the High Commission of India and the Indian Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (23 Mar-1 Apr).
5. Model International Criminal Court (MICC) Training Course - 2017, organized by the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany (18-21 Mar).
6. Human Rights Summer School on Human Rights and Terrorism - 2015, organized by the Empowerment through Law of the Common People (ELCOP), Dhaka, Bangladesh (20-31 Oct).
7. Winter School on Genocide, Justice, and the New Generation - 2015, organized by the Center for the Study of Genocide and Justice, Liberation War Museum, Dhaka, Bangladesh (17-24 Dec).
8. AsianSIL Youth Forum 2015, organized by the Asian Society of International Law (AsianSIL), Bangkok, Thailand (26-27 Nov).
Applied Linguistics (Discourse, Pragmatics, EFL, Sociolinguistics), SLA
Public International Law, Laws Relating to Transboundary Crimes and Constitutional Law.
Trauma, alienation, memory, identity, marginalisation, postcolonialism, ecocriticism and magical realism
International Humanitarian and Human Rights Law, Gender, Family and Personal Laws, Criminology and Criminal Laws
Public International Law, International Commercial Arbitration, International Humanitarian Law, International Human Rights Law
Literary Criticism and Theory.
Post-1945 Anglophone Literature.
Global Women's Cinema.
Human Rights, Constitutional Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Second Language Acquisition, Form-focused Instruction, Corrective Feedback, Corpus-based Language Teaching, Use of Technology in Language Teaching
Indian Mythology, Indian Confessional Poetry, Postmodernism, Queer Theory, Feminism, Shakespeare Criticism