A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
Fariha Abedin is currently working as a senior lecturer in the Department of Law at East West University and also as one of the moderators of East West University Sports Club (EWUSC).
After completing her LLB and LLM degrees from the renowned Department of Law, University of Dhaka, she started her career as a lecturer at World University of Bangladesh in the year 2015. Her areas of interest are Gender and Women Rights, Personal Laws and Environment. Before joining as a lecturer she had been a junior legal associate in the prominent law firm S. Ahmed and Associates for a few months. She also worked as a senior editor at Dhaka Law Review (DHLR) while she was pursuing her masters’ degree.
She is engaged in various social and volunteering activities regarding women rights, child education and environment in different organizations.
1. Senior lecturer, from 24 July, 2019 to present, Department of Law, East West University
2. Lecturer, from 31 August, 2016 to 23 July, 2019, Department of Law, East West University
Gender issues, Human rights, Personal Laws
1. “Gender Equality by International Norms: An Analysis on Hindu Marriage and Divorce Laws in South Asia with Special Attention to Bangladesh”, Journal of Malayan and Comparative Law, Malaysia, Volume 46 (Issue 1), 2019
2. “Violation of Human Rights Among Waste Collectors of Bangladesh: A Study of Dhaka South City Corporation”, SED Journal of Environmental Studies, Bangladesh, Volume 3 (Issue 1), 2019
3. “Climate refugees in Bangladesh: Legal Frameworks and Further Initiatives”, Dhaka Law Review Blog , 2015
1. “A New Paradoxical Paradigm for Hijras in Bangladesh: The Rights Related Issues of Third Gender”, The 5th World Conference on Women’s Studies 2019, Bangkok, Thailand
2. “A Critical Study on Hindu Woman’s Right to Property and to Divorce: Bangladesh Perspective”, The 4th World Conference on Women’s Studies 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Research Associate, Strategy for Environmental Development (SED) Foundation