A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
University of Dhaka (First Position)
University of Dhaka (First Position)
Md. Hasinul Elahi is the Senior Lecturer in the Department of Information Studies and Library Management, East West University, Bangladesh. He has obtained his B.A. (Hons.) and M.A. degree from the University of Dhaka with record CGPA. He also achieved with “Dean’s Merit List of Honor” award for his excellent academic result in both the examinations. Mr. Elahi also honored with “Abdul Aziz Chowdhury Scholarship” for his brilliant academic success. At present, he is doing his M. Phil. Research on Service Quality. His research interest includes open access, open data, e-governance, Soft System Methodology (SSM), knowledge management, open data, information literacy etc. Mr. Elahi has published around six peer-reviewed research articles in reputed journals in the field of Library and Information Science (LIS). He has seven peer-reviewed research articles published in conference proceedings and also participated as a presenter in many international conferences. Mr. Elahi has visited various countries for participating in conferences i.e. Greece, Italy, Turkey, Serbia, India etc.
Elahi, M. H. & Mezbah-ul-Islam, M. (2018). Open access repositories of Bangladesh: An analysis of the present status. IFLA Journal, 44(2), 132-142.
Elahi, M. H., Islam, M. S. & Begum, D. (2018). Perception on the use of mobile phones in retrieving information from academic libraries: A developing country perspective. International Journal of Knowledge Content Development and Technology, 8(1), 37-50. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5865/IJKCT.2018.8.1.037
Elahi, M. H. & Begum, D. (2017). Open trends in Bangladesh for providing information services: Opportunities and challenges. Journal of Knowledge and Communication Management, 7(2), 97-115. DOI: 10.5958/2277-7946.2017.00009.2
Elahi, M. H. & Islam, M. S. (2017). Implementation of web 2.0 tools in Dhaka University Library website: The attitude of users and information professionals. East West Journal of Humanities, 6&7, 32-41.
Elahi, M. H. (2016). Designing a mobile based library information and service delivery system: A model plan for libraries of Bangladesh. Journal of Information Science Theory and Practice, 4(3), 57-70.
Elahi, M. H. & Islam, M. S. (2014). Go fast, go with mobile: Students' perception and implementing mobile based library services at DUL. Library Philosophy and Practice (E-Journal). Available at: http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1197.
Elahi, M. H. & Sumon, A. R. (2022). Keyword-based Automated Selective Dissemination of Information and Resources System for special libraries in Bangladesh. In P. Babbar, P. K. Jain, B. Markscheffel, D. C. Kar & R. Sangchantr (Eds.), 16th International Conference on Webometrics, Informetrics, and Scientometrics (WIS) (pp. 471-477). Bangkok: COLLNET, Society for Library Professionals and Special Libraries Association, Asia Community.
Elahi, M. H. & Hossain, T. (2020). Engaging Mass Community with Public Library: A framework. In Multidisciplinary International Conference on the Social and Life Sciences (p. ). Dhaka: East West University.
Hossain, T., Begum, D., Elahi, M. H. & Sumon, A.R. (2019). Research Data Management (RDM): Demystifying the Notion about Data Librarians. In International Conference on Digital Landscape, Digital Transformation for an Agile Environment (p. 528). New Delhi: The Energy and Resources Institute.
Elahi, M. H. & Joyee, R. E. (2019). Open Access Repositories in Asia: Present status and involvement in sustainable quality education. In F. Alam (Ed.), 1st International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management: Next Generation Information and Knowledge Dissemination to realize the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development (p. 88). Savar: Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center (BPATC) and Department of Information Studies and Library Management, East West University.
Begum, D., & Elahi, M. H. (2019). Road to Meet 21st Century Challenges: A scenario on LIS education in Bangladesh. In IFLA World Library and Information Congress. Athens: International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (pp. 1-13). Available at: http://library.ifla.org/2567/1/275-begum-en.pdf
Elahi, M. H. & Begum, D. (2017). Information literacy and digital literacy skills and competencies for providing quality services: A special reference to public sector employees of Bangladesh. In International Conference on Managing Change for better public service delivery: South and South-East Asian experience (p.53). Savar: Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre.
1. Elahi, M. H. & Begum, D. (2020). Information Literacy and Digital Literacy for Public Sector Employees of Bangladesh: A Competence-based Integrated Framework for Providing Quality Services. In M. A. Alam, F. Alam & D. Begum, Knowledge Management, Governance, and Sustainable Development: Lessons and Insights from Developing Countries (1st ed., pp. 179-197). New York: Routledge.
2. Elahi, M. H. (2020). Literacy and Awareness of Sustainable Development Goals among Undergraduate Students: A Study of a Private University in Bangladesh. In M. A. Alam, F. Alam & D. Begum, Knowledge Management, Governance, and Sustainable Development: Lessons and Insights from Developing Countries (1st ed., pp. 389-402). New York: Routledge.
3. Begum, D., Hossain, T., Elahi, M. H. & Parvin, S. (2019). Public engagement in nation development through open data platform: Bangladesh government initiatives. In S. Chakraborty, Digital Humanities and Digital Societies in the Contemporary World (pp. 150-159). Calcutta: Department of Library and Information Science.
1. Elahi, M. H. (2020). Combating infodemic of misinformation. The New Age, p. 8. Retrieved from https://epaper.newagebd.net/02-07-2020/8
Received “Dean’s Merit List of Honor” for scholastic accomplishments having obtained the degree of BA (Honors) in the academic year 2012.
Received “Dean’s Merit List of Honor” for scholastic accomplishments having obtained the degree of MA in the academic year 2013.
Obtained First Position’ in the internship program arranged by Bangladesh National Scientific and Technical Documentation Center (BANSDOC).
Received “Abdul Aziz Chowdhury Trust Meritorious Scholarship” for BA (Honors) result by University of Dhaka.
Honored with “Book Grant” from University of Dhaka for brilliant success in BA (Honors) examination.
Textbook, Reference Books, Class Lectures and PPT Slides, Hand notes, Whiteboard, Marker etc.
Lectures, Discussions, Fieldwork, Group work, Brainstorming etc.
1. Life Member, Library Association of Bangladesh (LAB)
2. Associate Research Fellow, Bangladesh Institute for Information Literacy and Sustainable Development (BIILSD)
3. Member, Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T)
4. Senior Editorial Assistant, International Journal of Information and Knowledge Studies (IJIKS)